1. Glee season 1 (or what has been released of it)
2. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
3. 9 to 5
4. Coupling season 1
5. 30 Rock season 3
6. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
7. Coupling season 2
8. Coupling season 3
9. Coupling season 4
10. Pirates of Penzance
11. My Life in Ruins
12. Sherlock Holmes
13. The Muppets Take Manhattan
14. Star Trek (one of the best movies ever!)
15. The IT Crowd season 1
16. The IT Crowd season 2
17. The IT Crowd season 3
18. Weird Science
19. GI Joe
20. Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
21. The Cat Returns
22. My Neighbor Totoro
23. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
24. It Was a Short Summer, Charlie Brown
25. Charlie Brown’s All Stars!
26. It’s Spring Training, Charlie Brown!
27. The Proposal
29. Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 1 Water
30. Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 2 Earth
31. Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 3 Fire
1. Have a picnic at the Botanical Garden and Arboretum -COMPLETE
2. Go to Sundown in the City – COMPLETE
3. Go to Shakespeare on the Square
4. See Mamma Mia! at the Tennessee Theatre – COMPLETE
5. Go to the Rossini Festival – COMPLETE, and it rained the whole time and we got drenched
6. Visit the East TN History Museum
7. Visit the McClung Museum
8. Take a cruise on the Tennessee Riverboat
9. Fly kites at World’s Fair Park
10. Go to one of the Art Galleries – COMPLETE, I went to 2, the second was to see Salvador Dali’s watercolors for The Divine Comedy. Excellent!
11. Do an event every First Friday – IN PROGRESS
12. Go hiking at Ijams Nature Center
13. Go to all of the Movies on the Square, unless they are sad or just stupid
14. Take a short vacation to Cleveland, OH to visit friends and family
15. Go to a Cleveland Indians baseball game (and/or go to a Smokey Mountain Minor League Baseball
16. Go to an Opera – COMPLETE, we went to see The Barber of Seville
17. Get some of Jon’s photography displayed at Remedy Coffee
18. Go to a flea market
19. Shop at the Farmers’ Market – COMPLETE
20. Go fishing
21. Participate in A Way for Layla events -COMPLETE, went to Layla’s Day at Volunteer Park
22. Go to Kingsport, TN with Andy and Mer for some awesome ribs – COMPLETE, ribs were very tasty!
23. Go to Asheville, NC to hang out with Andy and Mer
24. Try 5 new restaurants in downtown Knoxville – COMPLETE plus it was super easy. I should have set myself a higher number. We went to Bistro at the Bijou, Cafe 4, Lenny’s Sub Shop, Market Square Kitchen, and S&W Grand.
We are making excellent progress on the whole ‘watching stuff on TV’ list. Which is an excellent idea for a list, I must say. I love this sitting on my bum and being entertained junk. But we have also made great progress on our activities list! Tomorrow we’re going to the baseball game and we were going to Asheville next weekend, but then realized that’s Father’s Day, so had to postpone. I did cheat a bit and changed the “See all the Sundown in the City concerts” to just see a concert, because the other wasn’t realistic with the ridiculous heat. But we did go to see Blues Traveler and it was insane how many people were there for it. I changed the Shakespeare one as well. I don’t even know when those plays will start, but I am very excited to watch them.
So we’ve been staying very busy and doing very well. It’s been a busy summer and a rewarding one. Now I should challenge myself to do some things that push my comfort zone. I did one already and rode a chair lift up a mountain in Virginia. I hate heights. Maybe I should challenge myself to go to a Tea Party rally and not throw up. I think that’s pushing it, though. I should also challenge myself to read more. I’ve done a fair bit of reading, but I should do more. Or maybe writing. That’s what I need to be doing.
Now it’s late and I am going to bed before I fall over.